Confederation of Employers and Industries of Spain (CEOE) and CEPYME ask the new government to promote economic reforms in order to consolidate economic recovery
• To consolidate economic recovery, it is very important that the new Government guarantees political and institutional stability. The credibility and trust reached by Spain among investors and international economic organizations over these years should not be broken.
• It should be borne in mind that, despite the good pace of growth and job creation, there are clear risks in the economy and, therefore, the new Government must keep budgetary discipline and deficit reduction targets. It should avoid the temptation to yield to spending increases that may put the path of fiscal consolidation at risk.
• The new Government should also continue to promote economic reforms to strengthen economic growth, without reverting those that are already underway. Those reforms, such as labor reform, have played a major role to emerge from the crisis and to regain employment.
• CEOE and CEPYME congratulate the new Prime Minister, Pedro Sánchez. As they have always done since the inception of democracy in Spain, CEOE and CEPYME transmit him its compromise to social dialogue to contribute to the modernization of the economy, business competitiveness and job creation.
• CEOE and CEPYME want to thank the efforts of the outgoing Government in the person of its President, Mariano Rajoy, who has successfully overcome the most serious economic crisis in the history of our democracy.